Hair care is not a single-step process, it has multiple progressions, and oiling tresses and scalp is a key part that cannot be skipped or missed out. The hair oil routine always has had its place intact for centuries to get soft, bouncy, and beautiful hair. For generations, herbal hair oils have been role players in accelerating hair growth or curing other hair woes. Your grandmothers would have not stopped ranting about hair oils’ properties and key benefits. But are you doing it the right way? This blog will guide you on what a hair oil routine is and do and don’ts of a hair oil routine.
What is a Hair Oil Routine?
A hair oil routine is a process of steering hair tresses and scalp with light and nourishing hair oils for manageable hair locks and a healthy scalp. It is a cure to treat and improve the texture of hair. Hair oiling can be done for supplying nourishment to roots, as a conditioner, styling routine, or as leave-in-treatments for amazing results. Just need to massage deeply on a dry or damp scalp for better hair care.
Why Hair Oil Routine is Essential?
- Makes your hair stronger and healthy.
- Adds natural shine and softness.
- Promotes blood circulation and stimulates hair growth.
- Get rid of scalp problems and dandruff.
- Prevents split-ends and frizziness.
- Adds vitamins and nutrients to hair roots and cuticles.
- Relieves stress and prevents greying of hair.
How to Oil Your Hair the Right Way?Oiling hair is beneficial and improves the texture, health, and appearance of hair. Here, are the steps for the right hair oil routine:
- Choosing the right hair oil: Picking the suitable hair oil is crucial as you have to choose the right hair oil as per the concern, for example, hair growth oils, herbal hair oils, anti dandruff hair oil, argon oil for hair, etc. Choose hair oils that are light and nourishing if you have an oily scalp.
- Blend with essential oils: You can even pick an essential oil that suits your hair type and concerns. However, it is optional to mix a few drops of essential oils with your regular hair oil. They can be blended or diluted with carrier oils like coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil, etc. Essential oils have medicinal and healing properties which help in getting rid of many hair and scalp problems.
- Warm the oil: Hot oil massage is therapeutic and penetrated deeper into the roots and cuticles of the hair. heat the oil for a few seconds and apply directly on the scalp and hair.
- Massage gently: Gently massage the warm oil for a couple of minutes to see the amazing results. It helps in nourishment and maintaining a healthy scalp. It also improves blood circulation and stimulates hair growth.
- Wash it well the next day: A holy hair oil routine is done the night before the shampoo routine. You should keep the oil on for at least 6-7 hours to get the benefits and let it penetrate well. The next morning wash it off with your regular shampoo followed by the conditioning.
Don’ts While Oiling Hair
Things to avoid during and after the hair oil routine:
- Avoid vigorous massage.
- Don’t comb directly post-oiling.
- Stay away from putting extra oil.
- Skip immediate head baths.
- Never tie your hair just after applying the hair oil.